“Amazing things happen when women start to visit the chapel. They smile more, family relationships improve, and we become more willing to treat others and ourselves with love and gentleness.”
What is the Ministry of Hope?
The Ministry of Hope is a community-funded chaplaincy program which raises funds to employ on-site chaplains at Swannanoa Correctional Center for Women (SCCW) in Swannanoa, NC. Our chaplains conduct religious services in the center's chapel and provide pastoral care and spiritual guidance to the inmates. Their guidance and leadership are crucial to helping these women, many of whom struggle with addiction, abuse, and grief issues. The women at SCCW are within five years of release or parole. Our chaplains offer them a sense of hope and real-world self-care tools to manage parenting, relationships, and employment with discernment and spiritual maturity.
Current Board Members
• Lynn Brunner, Chair
• Nancy Hankins, Vice Chair
• Lauronda Morrow, Treasurer
• Grace Stitt, Secretary
• Liesl Case
• Sharon Fender
• Sally Schoen
• Sharon Stenner
• Carole Tyler
Ex-Officio Members and Staff
• The Rev. Carol Dalton, SCCW Chaplain
• Mike Gregory, SCCW Asst. Superintendent of Programs
• Denise Jackson, SCCW Superintendent
• Kitty Kelly, Chaplains’ Assistant Administrator
• The Rev. Shannon Spencer,SCCW Chaplain
• Kelly Stephenson, Administrative Assistant
Become a Partner in the Ministry of Hope!
• Schedule a speaker for your church or civic group
• Sponsor a fund-raising event for the benefit of Ministry of Hope
• Put the Ministry of Hope in your mission budget, either as a church or as a Sunday School Class /Mission Group
• Make a one-time or regular contribution
• Request that you be put on the mailing list for our quarterly newsletter
• Schedule a tour of the facility for your group
Contact us today to learn more...
DONATE NOW TO
MINISTRY OF HOPE
We accept credit card donations online:
Click Here to Donate Now
Donations can also be mailed to us at:
The Ministry of Hope
PO Box 998
Black Mountain, NC 28711
Checks can be made payable to The Ministry of Hope. All contributions are tax-deductible and will be acknowledged with a receipt.