DID YOU KNOW?
• The state of North Carolina will not fund a chaplain position at SCCW.
• 85% of women in prison have committed drug-related crimes.
• 75% of women in prison are mothers.
• A majority of women in prison have suffered some form of abuse: physical, emotional, sexual.
• SCCW is a minimum security correctional facility and the only women’s unit in Western North Carolina.
• The chaplains at SCCW provide pastoral care and spiritual guidance to an average of 140 women ach month.
• The chaplains at SCCW coordinate volunteers for 60 religious programs per month.
• In addition, the chaplains provide pastoral care and spiritualguidance to the staff of SCCW.